*A quick note before jumping into this blog post: we’re trying something new this week – a blogcast! So you can listen to the post or read it… or both. I’d love for you to take a listen and let me know what you think!*
I can’t believe this is the final blog post of 2018! As I think back on all that’s happened this year, it’s hitting me just how much of an adventure it’s been. And I’m so grateful for every minute of it. Because it was all those moments that brought me to this one right here.
One thing I love about writing reflective posts is the way they always help me recognize how much I’ve learned. So today, I’m sharing 18 reflections from 2018!
Here we go:
- Asking for help takes courage.
- Happiness doesn’t have any prerequisites.
- Timing is subjective. One person’s pace of life doesn’t reflect anything about somebody else’s.
- Goodness and struggle are two peas in a pod. One is always sprinkled in with the other.
- The best way to get out of discomfort is usually to go through it.
- Not every opportunity is worth taking. Getting clear on our values and goals makes it easier to tell the difference between which ones are and aren’t.
- Anything worth doing is also worth the sacrifices that come with it.
- Every problem comes with a solution.
- Self-care is essential for showing up selflessly.
- Trusting our heart can take us places that our brain never could.
- Being scared or uncomfortable doesn’t mean we aren’t ready or capable. It means we’re stretching into our new territory.
- Saying no is more kind than a yes we don’t really mean.
- Letting go is the hard part of letting in new opportunities.
- Appreciating the little things can make the biggest difference.
- Doing it all is overrated. Our energy is meant for doing the things that really matter.
- Breathing is underrated. Simple act – big result.
- Good friends are a treasure and deserve to be treated as such. Don’t take them for granted.
- When things won’t stay together… maybe it’s better to let them fall apart. And take the chance to rebuild on stronger foundation.
Even though it went by so quickly, A LOT happened this year. A lot of work and a lot of shifts as our BTL mission became more clear. A lot of laughter and a lot of tears. A lot of fun and a lot of being a boring grown-up. But above all else, a whole lot of growth. And a year of growing is a successful one in my book.
How have YOU grown in 2018? And what’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned? I’d love to hear in a comment below this blog post or an email.
And before I get going, I just want to say: thank you for being a part of the Bold True Life Journey this year. Meimuna and I are taking a break next week, but we can’t wait to share even better content with you in 2019. We love you all so much and we’ll be back soon!
Peace and blessings,
P.S. – Are you feeling stuck, overwhelmed, or uninspired by your life? Is there a challenge you’re facing or goal you’d like to work towards? If you’re ready to take a bold, true leap in your life, I can help you. Click here to schedule a FREE discovery session with me.