It’s officially the final week of 2017! This year has been beautifully messy. I spent most of the past 12 months stepping into new parts of my life. This involved a good amount of trial and error, adjusting, and stretching beyond my (perceived) limits. For me, this year’s been about applying and practicing all the teachings and lessons I’ve collected so far in life. It’s been a wild ride on a very bumpy roller coaster, but that’s all part of the fun of exploring and growing 🙂
Here are 17 reflections from 2017:
- Beginnings and endings are different sides of the same coin. One always leads to the other.
- Taking care of the heart (physically, emotionally, and spiritually), is vital. Nothing else in life works without it.
- Courage comes in all shapes and sizes. Baby steps, giant leaps and everything in between. All of them count.
- Healing is a process rooted in loving and forgiving ourselves. It’s only after we tend to ourselves, that the other pieces start falling into place.
- Adapting to change is a skill that develops with practice. It gets a little bit easier with each new experience.
- Chasing the dream requires committing to it first. It means being prepared and willing to invest the hard work and effort long before seeing the results.
- Our mindset matters. Constant negative thoughts can’t possibly breed positive results.
- The difference between surviving and thriving is self-care. It isn’t a luxury. It’s a birthright.
- The magic of life is found in connection. It’s the hugs, laughter, love, and real conversations that fill us up. The people and experiences in our lives make a far greater impact than the things.
- Regretting or questioning past decisions won’t change them. Focusing on and using the lessons learned can change bad habits and/or patterns though.
- Blessings come in many forms and they’re always raining down on us. The easiest way to invite even more goodness into our life is by being grateful for each and every miracle we already have.
- Fear and excitement, faith and worry, happiness and sadness… It’s ok for opposing feelings to coexist in the mind and heart. The danger lies in letting the wrong one influence our behavior. It’s the feeling that inspires us that belongs in our day to day actions.
- Life isn’t supposed to go according to plan. The unexpected twists and turns are meant to happen. When we surrender to this truth, we can let go of the need to control.
- We have a voice for a reason – it’s meant to be heard. At the same time, words are powerful and leave imprints behind. They should be chosen wisely.
- Adventures are good for the soul. Taking advantage of opportunities to explore is ALWAYS worth it.
- Looking for the (non-existent) “perfect” moments only distracts us from the joy in the imperfect ones we experience every day.
- Starting something new doesn’t require anything other than the desire to start. The path forms with every step forward.
Ok, now it’s YOUR turn! How did 2017 go for you? What are some of your takeaways from this year? Shoot me an email or leave a comment on the blog 🙂
P.S. – Are you feeling stuck, overwhelmed, or uninspired by your life? Is there a challenge you’re facing or goal you’d like to work towards? If you’re ready to take a bold, true leap in your life, I can help you. Click here to schedule a FREE discovery session with me.