Does your birthday ever sneak up on you? I can’t believe I’m turning 28 in a couple of days… this year flew by! It’s definitely been eventful though. A LOT happened during my 27th journey around the sun and I’m still kind of catching my breath. But as I sit here thinking about it all, my heart feels incredibly full. So I can’t think of a better way to end this chapter than with gratitude.
Here are 27 things I’m grateful for from my 27th year of life:
- God. And the freedom I find in practicing faith and surrender.
- Having parents who never stop finding ways to take care of me… no matter how old I get.
- A husband who inspires and uplifts me. And experiencing our bond unfold and transform with each new day.
- Going on a European adventure with said husband.
- The kindness of strangers (especially while traveling).
- Some of said strangers turning into good friends.
- Moving into an apartment I love.
- Transitioning into a job with a flexible schedule.
- The courage to start something new.
- The grit to keep going.
- The rough patches that helped me prove myself… to myself.
- Supportive family and friends that encourage me to be brave.
- All of my teachers. The ones I’ve received lessons from directly and those who’ve taught me through their books, blogs, podcasts, etc…
- Witnessing the beauty of true sisterhood.
- The existence of nature. And the sense of peace I find in it.
- Feeling all the feelings… even the tough ones.
- Having tools that help me work through the difficult feelings.
- Reclaiming my identity as a creative.
- Starting to embrace the teacher within me.
- Getting back in touch with my inner girly-girl.
- The moments of laughter and play.
- The clarity born from short stretches of solitude.
- The glimpses of inspiration.
- Developing even deeper connections with the people I love most… by allowing myself to be vulnerable and honest.
- The shift that came in my relationship with money when I decided to practice trusting that I’ll always have what I need. The struggle continues, but the progress is significant.
- All the magic that came from giving myself permission to make mistakes.
- Experiencing the tangible benefits of nurturing myself. And really starting to believe that when I make sure I’m ok, everything else will be too.
It wasn’t always easy, but it’s been a really great year. As I enjoy these last few days of being 27, I’d love to hear how YOU celebrate birthdays and other milestones. And also a few things you’re grateful for! Please share in a comment below this post or an email!
Peace and blessings,
P.S. – I have a few slots for one-on-one sessions available! If you’d like some help working through the blocks standing between you and what you want most in life, click here to schedule a FREE discovery session with me.