Over the past few weeks, I’ve been talking all about what it takes to cultivate a bold true life. So far, this series of posts has covered what it means to live boldly and truly as well as the courage and trust that develop in us by following this path. To conclude the series today, I’m sharing some simple ways to practice bold true living every day.
One of the main reasons I’ve put together this list is because I know how elusive the concept of a bold true lifestyle can sound. Like a nice idea, but one that could get confusing to actually pursue or implement in our life. Or like something that’ll require a lot of time, effort, and energy before we see any results. The truth is that building a bold true life does require some of our time, effort, and energy, but creating the results might be easier than you think. The list below is meant to help break down the process into bite-size (and doable) pieces.
So here are 6 bold and true acts you can practice every day:
- Connect with a stranger: Smile at, compliment, or strike up a conversation with somebody you meet in an elevator, in line at the grocery store, or maybe after holding a door open for them. Take this chance to spread some good vibes and you might even make a new friend!
- Try something new: It could be a new food, book, class, or even an outfit. Whatever it might be, take advantage of new opportunities that present themselves during your day!
- Express your love: Remind the special people in your life that they matter to you. Share your appreciation for them with them. Use actual words to let them know how much you love them. Both of you will probably walk away from this exchange feeling pretty great.
- Ask for what you need/want: This one is so simple, but it can feel so hard. It helps to remember that the people who care most about us want us to be happy. If we make a clear and reasonable request, they’ll likely be willing to accommodate it. It may take some time, practice, and negotiating to get it just right, but it SO possible to have your needs and wants met. This practice might be hard to do at first, but it’ll lead to more ease and satisfaction in your life and relationships!
- Feel your feelings: Give yourself the freedom and permission to connect with how you feel. Allow yourself to laugh, cry, and everything in between when you need to. Of course, you’ll want to be mindful of the environment before stepping completely into these feelings, but it’s worth finding or creating the safe space to do this in. When you’re able to be with your feelings like this, it’s a chance to release whatever you don’t need anymore and also to gain a deeper understanding of yourself.
- Make joy a priority: Whether it’s for a couple of minutes or a couple of hours, make and take time to indulge in activities that bring you joy. It could be as simple as listening to your favorite song or enjoying a cup of tea/coffee. Maybe it’s something a little more elaborate like an art project or a trip to your favorite park. You can customize the activity based on the amount of time you’ve got and what feels good on a particular day.
Alrighty folks, those are all six of my suggestions to invite more bold true living into your daily actions. All of them will likely push you out of your comfort zone at one point or another, but…
It’s ok to feel a little uncomfortable sometimes. It means you’re growing.
Please don’t let the discomfort hold you back from experiencing the best version of your bold true life. Go at your own pace and take a breather when you need, but don’t ever give up on yourself. You’re worth far too much for that.
Now I’d love to hear from YOU! Which of these suggestions are you feeling most compelled to try? Are you already doing any of them? Let me know in an email or the comment section below the blog!
Peace and blessings,
P.S. – Are you feeling stuck, overwhelmed, or uninspired by your life? Is there a challenge you’re facing or goal you’d like to work towards? If you’re ready to take a bold, true leap in your life, I can help you. Click here to schedule a FREE discovery session with me.